What is the Pacific Islands Fisheries Group?
The Pacific Islands Fisheries Group or PIFG is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established in 2005 to help organize and keep Pacific Island fishermen engaged and informed on the management and conservation of fishery resources in the Pacific.
What does PIFG do?
PIFG administers and supports programs that benefit our marine and fishery resources, enhances fishing experiences, raises community awareness and encourages responsible fishing and conservation practices.
Our mission is to facilitate communication and participation amongst all marine resource users to support sound resource use, management, research, conservation and education.
Notable Projects and Programs
- Hawaii Fishing and Seafood Festival
- Sea To Me
- Ahi Bowl
- Hawaii Seafood Village (March 8, 2014, Honolulu Ekiden Festival)
- Hawaii’s Fishing For the Hungry Tournament
- Hawaii Statewide Tagging Challenge
- Mike Sakamoto Memorial Scholarship Challenge
- Keiki Taape Challenge
- Tag It Program
- Lawai’a Keiki Fishing Program
- Lawai’a Magazine